Judges will be looking for originality, authenticity, overall theme, and craftsmanship.
- You must run/walk in your costume the entire race to be eligible for prizes
- Groups and pairs must come to the judging table together to be judged
- If you are a group or a pair, you must pick a team captain and a team name. We will use this name and the team captain’s race number for judging
- You must have a race number visible to be eligible for the contest and keep your race number on for winner announcements
- You must have been a registered participant and run the race to be eligible for the costume contest
- You must be present at the awards ceremony to win a prize
We will judge costumes in two areas on race day. Before the race at the Virginia Beach Convention Center from 6:30 – 7:30 AM and on the beach in the post-race party area from 8:45 – 10:45 AM. Awards will take place at 11 AM.
We will be judging for the top three in the following divisions:
- Best Individual Costume – costumes of only one person
- Best Pumpkin Pair – costumes with two people participating
- Best Group Costume – 3 or more form a group
- Best Kid’s Costume – Group, pair or individual. All must be 12 and under and run the event.